Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eyes - A Poem to my wife Regina

It has been said that eyes are windows to the soul.
Eyes like yours are beautiful stained glass windows
to the cathedral that is your soul.

The story of our love is played out along that
stained glass pane that compliments your visage.
It is the story of love, happiness, sorrow and triumph.

The cathedral of your soul is home to the breath of heaven.
You held God and the Angels breathless when you were born.

Our story hangs upon the lips of everyone whom has ever
fallen in love at one time or another.

It is the tune everyone hears when they walk home from
their first date with their true love destiny.

It is the first smell of summer jasmine during the lovers
midnight stroll.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I cried at this lovely gesture. So many women complain about their boyfriends/husbands, but I have to say, I have the best husband in the world. We may not be perfect individuals, but together, we are perfect. I love you :)

    ReplyDelete