Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shipping off to London

It looks like it's definitely going to happen.  My company is going to be sending me to work in their London office for a few weeks in June.  From there, I expect to go to India in July.  I'm not really going to get into my level of excitement for this trip since I think it's obvious.  Instead, I'm going to write about a vow I made to myself regarding my summer business trips.

I will complete the first draft of my second novel by the time I return from India.

It's only a first draft and I know I went through over twenty drafts for my debut novel Alorya.  I don't think I'll be as cautious for my second book as I was my first, so I'll probably only make ten drafts.  :-)

The reason for my caution is simple - Once it's out, it's out.  If it's worth putting your name on it, it's worth taking the time to make it as good as you can possibly make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment