Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Final thoughts as I submit my manuscript

In 2006, when I asked the nurse for a couple sheets of paper, and a pen, I knew that I should take the time to remember that moment.  It was a big moment.  Today, I feel the same way.  I wanted to get this down so that I may look back at it and either cringe or smile.  I seriously expect to cringe though.

First, let me describe my nightmares.  I've had dreams all week about searching for my book on the Internet and finding it listed as the worst flop in literature since the most interesting man in the world decided to write his memoirs in invisible ink.  (Blackadder moment)  For him, I guess Dos Equis would say that it still hit the NY Times Best-Sellers, but I'm obviously not him.  Another nightmare was that I got my proof back and found that I left random notes and highlights in the manuscript.  Were those people giggling because they saw my book trailer on Tosh.0?

I hope that I come back to this blog in the future and smile though.  I've worked hard on Alorya.  At this point, I just don't want to be embarrassed by the story I was able to get down on paper.  I say that because I know the story is amazing.  Somehow, when the story gets from my head to paper, things get a little fuzzy.  I've found myself saying, "Why did I write it that way?".  After 18 Edits (3 by Editors not personally related to me), I think I have the best possible story that I can get on paper at this time.

I'm also trying to convey my worry as best I can because I want it to be evident when I read this six months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment